Applications made under the Right to Information Act 2009 (Qld)
The disclosure log contains details of the applications lodged under the Right to Information Act 2009 (Qld) (RTI Act) with the Department of Education (department).
The disclosure log contains a description of the information sought and, where possible, a link to the responsive documents for members of the public to use.
Note: The department has a separate disclosure log for applications lodged under the RTI Act with the Office of Industrial Relations (OIR).
The department publishes documents on the disclosure log that have been accessed by an applicant and do not contain the applicant’s personal information. The relevant documents responsive to an application may be fully released, released in part or not released as part of the original access decision or disclosure log decision.
Sections 78 and 78B of the RTI Act set out the rules for disclosure logs and operate in conjunction with the Ministerial Guidelines: Operation of Publication Schemes and Disclosure Logs. Information must be deleted from any document if the publication:
- is prevented by law
- may be defamatory
- would unreasonably invade a person’s privacy
- is of a confidential nature communicated in confidence
- is protected under contract
- would cause substantial harm to an entity.
Applications made under the Freedom of Information Act 1982 (Cth)
The department, as the Queensland Education and Care Services’ Regulatory Authority, is also required to publish information which has been released in response to an application made under the Freedom of Information Act 1982 (Cth) to the disclosure log. The disclosure log requirement does not apply to:
- personal information about any person if it would be unreasonable to publish the information
- information about the business, commercial, financial or professional affairs of any person if it would be unreasonable to publish the information
- other types of information the National Education and Care Services FOI Commissioner has determined would be unreasonable to publish
- any information, if it is not reasonably practicable to publish the information because of the extent of modifications to a document (or documents) necessary to delete information listed in the above dot points.
Further information about accessing the disclosure log
Due to the format of some of the documents they are not available online. To access these documents, please contact:
Phone: (07) 3513 5858
Please include the following information when requesting the disclosure log document:
- Application number
- Topic/information released
- Contact details by phone, email or in writing.
Disclosure logs by year