Set critical foundations for children’s futures through quality early childhood services.
- Support the provision of high-quality early years services.
- Ensure access to kindergarten for all children in the year before school.
- Support positive transitions to school that are inclusive and responsive to community needs.
- Promote children's health, safety and wellbeing.
- Partner with communities and the early childhood sector to reduce vulnerability and improve wellbeing prior to school.
- Encourage families to play an active role in their child’s wellbeing and learning.
- Support culturally responsive early childhood services for Aboriginal children and Torres Strait Islander children.
- Ensure inclusive service delivery to support children with disability.
- Enhance early childhood sector capability to support a skilled and qualified workforce.
- Implement funding and service delivery models to support children's wellbeing and development, and strengthen learning outcomes.
- Ensure fair, proactive and risk-based regulation to support the early childhood sector to deliver high-quality services.
Educating for the future
Investing in skills
Backing our frontline services
Honouring and embracing our rich and ancient cultural history
- Wellbeing and development prior to school
- Kindy participation
- Quality of early years services